Houston Personal Injury Attorney
Have You Been Seriously Injured in Houston?
Houston is one of the great American cities and a world-renowned leader in the energy sector. It’s also famous for the significant role we play in space exploration.
Our city is an important center for commerce and home to the second-largest port in America. We enjoy watching our sports teams play, the Texans, Rockets, and Astros. And everybody knows we make the best barbecue in the world.
The Person Who Hurt Should Have to Pay for It
When it comes to personal injuries, Texas is an at-fault state. That means people are held accountable for their own actions. You have the right to be compensated if you were harmed as a result of somebody’s negligent behavior.
Examples of negligent actions include:
- An intoxicated driver who runs a red light
- The person who allows their violent dog to roam free
- The landlord who doesn’t fix a broken stairway
- A company that fails to test a dangerous new product
- Hair salons that use harmful chemicals
Mr. Khosravian, the founder of DK Law, uses the legal system to help you get justice. If you or a loved one was harmed by another person’s careless behavior, we’ll file a claim to help you get the money you need to cover the cost of your medical bills and other expenses resulting from the accident.
Call 281-402-8856 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
What Are Damages?
Damages are a monetary award that’s paid as compensation for a loss or injury that you have suffered. If somebody harms you by committing a wrongful act, you have the right to seek damages in a civil lawsuit.
To collect damages, you must demonstrate that the person who injured you breached the duty of care, which requires people to take reasonable precautions to avoid harming others.
There are three types of damages: economic, non-economic, and punitive.
- Economic damages compensate you for verifiable losses, such as medical bills and the money it will take to get your car repaired.
- Non-economic damages refer to non-monetary losses, such as physical emotional distress and loss of companionship.
- Punitive damages, also known as exemplary damages, are designed to punish someone who has committed an act of gross negligence or malice.
How Your Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you were harmed by somebody’s careless behavior, your personal injury attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to find out what happened.
At DK Law, we’ll start by reading the police report, reviewing your medical records, interviewing everyone who witnessed the accident, and examining photos and surveillance camera video. We rely on a team of experts, which includes people with advanced knowledge of medicine, forensics, automobile mechanics, and other specialties.
It’s possible that more than one person shares liability for your injuries. For example, if a delivery company hired a driver with an unsafe record, then both the driver and the employee can be forced to compensate you for the harm they caused.
When filing your claim, your attorney will include the following types of damages:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Ambulance rides
- Loss of income
- Emergency room treatment
- Doctor’s office visits
- Reconstructive surgery
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Chronic pain
- Medical devices
- Reduced earning capacity
- Assisted living care
- Wheelchair access for your home
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
At DK Law, we always have time for our clients. We’ll craft the best strategy to help you get the resources you need to put your life back together after you’ve suffered a tragic accident. And we get results – our firm has won millions of dollars in settlements for our clients.
Mr. Khosravian was selected as a Top 40 Under 40 attorney by the National Trial Lawyers. He’s also a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
We handle all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Automobile accidents
- Big rig truck accidents
- Delivery vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death claims
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability
- Bicycle accidents
- Hair salon burns
- Dog bites
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- 6 Advantages Small Injury Law Firms Have Over Large Ones
- Can I Afford a Personal Injury Attorney?
- Personal Injury Attorneys: Who We Are and What We Do