Houston Whiplash Attorney
Compassionate Legal Counsel for Whiplash Victims in Houston
Houston has evolved from a modest trading post to a diverse and thriving urban hub. With the metropolitan area of Houston growing and traffic becoming more congested, there is increasing concern about the potential for traffic accidents. Many traffic accidents result in whiplash, and this injury can vary widely, ranging from mild to severe.
At DK Law, we understand the pain and stress that a whiplash injury can bring to your life. Our Houston team of legal professionals is here to be your strong advocate for justice, and our track record can attest to our success. We have successfully recovered over $1 million for our clients. Founding attorney Darius Khosravian is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, a professional organization composed of only the top trial lawyers from each state.
Call a Houston personal injury lawyer at (281) 402-8856 for a complimentary consultation to discuss your legal options.
What Is a Whiplash Injury?
Whiplash occurs when the head suddenly jerks forward and then snaps backward, causing strain on the neck’s soft tissues. This often happens in rear-end car collisions and other accidents involving sudden deceleration.
Whiplash injuries most commonly occur in rear-end car accidents, particularly when a stationary vehicle is struck from behind. They can also result from sports injuries, slips and falls, and physical altercations.
Whiplash can involve the following conditions:
- Broken Vertebrae and Bones: A fractured neck can be gravely serious, impacting spine protection. Depending on the severity, it may lead to paralysis or even fatality.
- Pinched Nerves: Damaged nerves due to bone fragments or injured discs can result in muscle weakness, numbness, and pain in connected areas.
- Disc Injuries: Pressure on the neck can cause slipped or ruptured discs, accompanied by intense pain.
- Trachea or Larynx Damage: Blunt-force trauma in an accident can injure the trachea and larynx, positioned at the front of the neck.
- Neck Sprains: Soft tissue damage, primarily ligaments, may occur, causing pain and stiffness that usually heals with rest.
- Neck Strains (Whiplash): A soft-tissue injury affecting muscles due to stretching or tearing, commonly referred to as whiplash.
Common Symptoms of Whiplash
Diagnosis often involves medical evaluations, imaging tests, and professional opinions from specialists. Whiplash injuries can lead to a range of symptoms, including:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Pain or discomfort in the shoulders and arms
- Jaw pain
- Visual disturbances
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Back pain
Long-Term Consequences of Whiplash
While many whiplash injuries heal with proper treatment, some cases can lead to long-term symptoms, such as:
- Chronic neck pain and stiffness
- Persistent headaches and migraines
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Nerve damage, leading to numbness and weakness in the arms
- Psychological effects like anxiety and depression due to ongoing pain and discomfort
Failing to treat whiplash promptly can exacerbate these long-term symptoms.
Liability for Whiplash Injuries
Proving liability involves demonstrating that the negligence or intentional action of another party directly caused your whiplash injury.
Texas’ statute of limitations requires injured individuals to file personal injury claims within two years from the accident date. If you fail to file a claim within this time frame, you will lose your right to seek compensation. It is vital to seek a knowledgeable Houston injury attorney to ensure you know the deadlines relevant to your case. There may be exceptions or variations that require consideration based on the specific circumstances.
Contact a Houston Lawyer at DK Law for Top-Tier Legal Representation
Recovering from a whiplash injury can be painful and frustrating, but you don’t have to face the legal process of pursuing compensation for your injuries and losses alone. DK Law has extensive experience handling personal injury claims involving accidents resulting in whiplash.
Attorney Darius Khosravian can help you navigate the challenges and complexities of Texas law and effectively pursue maximum compensation for your injuries. Our Houston legal team takes a compassionate approach to representing your legal interests so you can focus on recovering your health.
Contact a Houston whiplash injury lawyer at (281) 402-8856 to schedule a free consultation today.