Houston Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Trusted Legal Representation for Houston TBI Victims
Getting into a traffic collision, slip-and-fall, or other similar accidents can lead to severe injuries with the potential to dramatically change your life, such as traumatic brain injury. When such injuries are the result of someone else’s misconduct, the injured party is entitled to recover just compensation.
If you have suffered from traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of another, you can count on a Houston personal injury lawyer at DK Law to handle your personal injury case with precision and care. DK Law has successfully recovered over $1 million for our clients. Founding attorney Darius Khosravian is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, a professional organization composed of only the top trial lawyers from each state. He has dedicated his practice to providing highly responsive, compassionate, and effective legal counsel.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at (281) 402-8856 to schedule a free consultation about your case.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a serious injury that results when an individual’s head is exposed to an external force that is strong enough to disrupt or physically harm the brain and its functions. TBI can vary in severity, ranging from mild concussions to permanent cognitive impairment or even death.
TBI often results when a hard object, such as a piece of glass or a bullet, enters the brain. Similarly, if a person hits their head, the skull can fracture, causing a piece of bone to pierce the brain.
TBI is a concern when an accident occurs, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
Lasting Consequences of TBI
The potential consequences of a TBI can be long-term and even permanent. Because the brain is an essential organ for performing daily activities and responsibilities, TBI can dramatically change someone’s life.
Some of the lasting or permanent conditions of a TBI include:
- Chronic Pain: Many TBI victims experience ongoing headaches, dizziness, or nausea that can significantly interfere with their ability to perform essential tasks and activities.
- Cognitive Impairment: Many TBI victims experience issues with short and long-term memory retention, processing information, and executive functions. In some cases, TBI can also lead to psychological and personality changes.
- Motor Function Impairment: TBI victims may also experience lasting problems with gross motor skills like walking and running, as well as fine motor skills like speech, writing, and using tools or utensils. Furthermore, TBI can negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and mobility.
Liability for Traumatic Brain Injury
Someone who wrongfully causes an individual to sustain a TBI can be held liable for compensating for their injuries. Parties liable for TBI injuries include individuals as well as businesses and governmental entities. The liable party is also responsible for compensating the wrongfully injured party for:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of hospital treatment, surgical operations, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
- Lost Income: The wages the injured party lost because their injuries prevented them from, or interfered with, performing their job responsibilities.
- Lost Earning Capacity: The loss in capacity to earn a living to a long-term or permanent disability associated with their TBI.
- Pain and Suffering: A dollar amount represents the physical and psychological pain and suffering the injured party endured due to a TBI.
Houston, Texas Brain Injury Lawyer That Will Stand by Your Side
If you have sustained serious brain injuries in a Houston accident, DK Law is here to provide the trusted legal support you need. We have experience handling cases involving severe injuries like TBI and are fully prepared to fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our Houston brain injury attorney will give your case the attention it deserves, delivering custom-tailored solutions to fit your individual needs. When you put your trust in us, you can rest assured that your rights and interests are protected.
Reach out to us at (281) 402-8856 to schedule a free consultation. Let’s see how we can help.
- Traumatic Brain Injury / Concussion - CDC
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) - National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke