Houston Hit-and-Run Lawyer
Injured in a Houston Hit-and-Run Accident?
A hit-and-run accident occurs when a vehicle causes an accident and flees the aftermath to escape responsibility. In some hit-and-run cases, the hit-and-run driver cannot subsequently be found. In other cases, the driver is eventually identified. Committing a hit-and-run act is considered a crime, as it often leaves injured people at the scene of the incident without recourse or help.
If you’ve been injured in a Houston hit-and-run accident, DK Law can advocate for your rights, negotiate effectively on your behalf, and pursue maximum compensation. Founding attorney Darius Khosravian is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. These esteemed memberships are limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million-dollar settlements for their clients.
Call a Houston car accident attorney today at (281) 402-8856 for a free consultation to discuss your case.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident
The aftermath of a hit-and-run accident can be chaotic. However, you can ensure your rights are protected by knowing and following these important steps:
- Call the Police: A hit-and-run act is a crime in which the police have an interest in investigating. Importantly, a police report can be a vital piece of evidence to support claims for damages. Furthermore, the police might identify and apprehend the hit-and-run driver. Do not try to follow the fleeing hit-and-run driver.
- Seek Medical Attention: A person can sustain injuries in a hit-and-run accident that are not immediately noticeable. As a result, it is important to seek immediate medical attention to find and mitigate any injuries resulting from a hit-and-run accident.
- Gather Evidence: Photographs, video footage, and witnesses are essential in pursuing an injury claim for a hit-and-run accident. Furthermore, such evidence may be vital for the police to identify and apprehend the responsible driver.
- File an Insurance Claim: If you have underinsured or uninsured motorist (UIM) protection coverage in your car insurance policy, they can be the first line of action in recovering compensation for your injuries. In cases where the motorist is later identified and caught, it is crucial to file an insurance claim with the responsible driver’s insurance provider if they have one.
- Call a Lawyer: An experienced Houston hit-and-run attorney can use their familiarity with Texas law to help you recover the damages settlement or award you deserve.
Potential Damages for Hit-and-Run Accident Victims
A person injured in a hit-and-run incident is legally entitled to recover compensatory damages for a variety of costs, including:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of hospital bills, physical therapy, and ongoing treatment.
- Lost Wages: Income someone otherwise could not receive because they were recovering from their injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: A dollar value for the physical and psychological suffering one had to endure.
- Punitive Damages: In cases where the hit-and-driver was eventually discovered, a court may impose damages to set an example and deter future hit-and-runs.
The Importance of Legal Representation
The deep understanding of Texas law that an attorney offers, as well as their skill in advocating for similarly situated individuals, is an integral part of pursuing just compensation for victims of a hit-and-run accident. An experienced car accident attorney can take the lead for the following:
- Investigate: An attorney can search for and gather evidence to support your claim by gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses.
- Negotiate: Legal counsel can negotiate with insurance companies or other responsible parties to receive a fair settlement amount.
- Advocate: If the case goes to trial, an attorney will advocate for your rights during legal proceedings.
Hire a Houston Car Accident Lawyer You Can Rely On
When you put your trust in DK Law, you can count on us to provide individualized care and give your case our utmost attention. With our personalized approach to legal advocacy, you can rely on our Houston car accident legal team to guide you through the legal process.
Our top priority is to ensure you receive the just and fair compensation you deserve.
Call us at (281) 402-8856 to schedule a free consultation. Let’s see how we can help.