Houston Auto Product Liability Lawyer
Helping Injured Victims of Defective Auto Parts in Houston
Houston takes pride in its strong automobile culture. Cars and trucks are more than just a means of transportation; they are an extension of your personality. Maintaining a vehicle with correctly functioning auto parts keeps a vehicle in good operating condition and helps ensure the driver and passengers are safe from a deadly failure of tires, brakes, or other vital systems.
At DK Law, we understand that defective auto parts can turn a routine activity, such as commuting, into a life-altering incident. Our team, led by attorney Darius Khosravian, is here to help you navigate the complexities of defective auto parts claims and fight for the compensation you deserve. Darius Khosravian is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an invitation-only group limited to attorneys who have won multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for their clients.
If you've been injured due to a defective auto part, don't hesitate to reach out to us at (281) 402-8856 for a complimentary consultation.
Types of Defective Auto Parts
Defective auto parts can be extremely risky for both drivers and passengers. Therefore, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regularly publishes reports about the recall of defective parts, recognizing the danger they pose to the public. According to the NHTSA, there were 932 vehicle safety recalls that impacted over 30.8 million vehicles in 2022.
The following are common types of defective auto parts and how they can lead to accidents:
- Brakes: Malfunctioning brakes can result in delayed stopping, increasing the likelihood of rear-end collisions and accidents at intersections
- Airbags: Defective airbags may fail to deploy or deploy with excessive force, causing serious injuries during accidents
- Tires: Tire blowouts due to manufacturing defects can lead to loss of control, rollovers, and collisions
- Fuel systems: Leaking fuel systems can lead to fires and explosions in the event of a collision
- Steering components: Defective steering components can cause loss of control and accidents, especially at high speeds
Injuries Caused by Defective Auto Parts
Accidents resulting from defective auto parts can have far-reaching consequences, affecting victims physically, emotionally, and financially. Such accidents can lead to:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and forcefully jerked forward and then backward. It can lead to neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and, in severe cases, chronic pain and limited mobility.
- Head injuries: Defective auto parts accidents can cause a range of head injuries, from minor concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Even mild concussions can have lasting effects on cognitive function, while severe TBIs can lead to permanent disabilities.
- Spinal cord injuries: Accidents can cause damage to the spinal cord, resulting in paralysis, loss of sensation, and other impairments. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and adaptive equipment for daily living.
- Psychological trauma: Victims may experience anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health challenges.
Available Compensation in a Defective Auto Parts Accident Case
Suffering from an injury resulting from a defective auto part can lead to significant financial consequences. Fortunately, the law may provide compensation for such consequences, including:
- Medical expenses: Accidents often result in substantial medical bills, including emergency room visits, surgeries, hospital stays, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages: Injuries can lead to time off work or the inability to work altogether, resulting in lost income.
- Property damage: Beyond medical costs, there may be costs associated with repairing or replacing the vehicle and other damaged property.
- Pain and suffering: Victims are entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering they endure.
- Legal expenses: Pursuing a legal claim for a defective auto part can involve legal fees and expenses, which can further burden the victim.
- Ongoing expenses: Some injuries require ongoing care and support, leading to long-term financial challenges.
Legal Process for Defective Auto Parts Claims
If you've been injured due to defective auto parts, your Houston auto accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options. With DK Law, you can rely on us to guide you through the legal process, including:
- Analyzing recall reports: Our team begins by meticulously analyzing recall reports and product safety information related to the defective auto part in question. This step is crucial for identifying known issues, safety concerns, and manufacturer responsibilities.
- Product liability law assessment: We delve into product liability law to assess the legal obligations of the manufacturer, distributor, or other entities involved in the production and distribution of the defective part. Understanding these legal aspects is fundamental to building a strong case.
Begin Your Journey to Justice with an Attorney at DK Law
When you choose DK Law, you get a devoted legal ally committed to supporting you through every step of the legal process. Our Houston team is dedicated to ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
Let us get justice on your behalf—call a Houston auto product liability attorney at (281) 402-8856 for a complimentary consultation.